I know, I know.  I haven’t been blogging and I’m now having a difficult time getting back to the rhythm.  I’ve attempted a number of times to start writing but only ended up staring at a blank page and going to bed instead.  I was just too tired at the end of each day!

You see, we’ve moved in to our new place and we four are still adjusting in our new space and territory.  We don’t have a helper YET and we’ve been on our own.  I admit, I’m not one of those do-it-all SAHMs.  I’m not cut out for it, and I don’t intend to stress myself out to be one. I must have an ample Me time in order for me to be the best kind of wife, mother, woman I can be, in my own standards and not anybody else’s.

It’s been months and months of shuttling back and forth, packing, unpacking, buying, sorting, wiping, washing, cleaning, arranging wares, testing appliances, repairing and retouching.  These days, it’s all about grocering, cooking, dishwashing, cleaning up, and throwing the trash.  Our washing machine still needs some fixing so we can’t do our laundry just yet.

I’ve been living a more domesticated life and I still do.  There are times when I feel overwhelmed and wish I could go back to the kind of life I’ve been used to.  Everything was predictable.  Things were running like clockwork.  We had a cook and helpers which spell out the huge difference!

But I can’t complain. Our new house is a blessing.  Everything in it is a blessing. THIS CHANGE IS A BLESSING!

What I love and treasure these days with this change is seeing my family growing in and with it. We’re all learning NEW house chores hands-on.  Yeah, our tiredness sometimes leads to squabbles, but we’re doing things together.  And as we do things together,  I see each one of us growing individually in character.  Being more helpful.  Considerate.  Understanding.  Patient. Giving.  Selfless.  Cooperative. Flexible. More responsible.  Respectful. Taking Initiative.  Joyful. Supportive. Appreciative.

I also embrace this change as a good training ground for our girls to be more independent.  The repetitive chores can be boring and mundane but these are exactly what they need to make them more mature and be prepared for life’s realities.  Arielle will be in college in two years and this is what she needs to learn, not found in textbooks or commonly taught in school.   Kayla, on the other hand, is also learning how to do hard things.

So this is where my family and I are at now.  We are in the midst of change and each one of us is doing his and her best to adapt to what’s different and new.  I think this change is doing us good. Yes, change can be good.

Have you been going through changes lately?  How are you taking them?

Share and Enjoy!

6 Comments

1. Posted April 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM | Permalink

I like your kind of change. I also dream of our own house which would be kept by me and my family, no helpers. Basta it’s somewhere not too dusty! Hehe!
    ceemee recently posted…Special April, Cymplified!My Profile

• racquel
      Posted May 7, 2014 at 10:52 AM | Permalink

Hi, Cym! How are you? Having a dustless house IS my ultimate dream! But I think that would mean migrating to another country like the U.S. :) Hmmm, not sure about having no helpers but if it’s in the U.S. with all the efficient household appliances and systems in place, then I think I’ll survive :) For now, having our own place (it’s just a small townhouse) teaches me to be thankful for what I have :)

2. Posted May 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM | Permalink

I agree, change is good :) it shakes off our complacency and moves us out of our comfort zones. It’s also a great “gratitude-identifier” and allows you to focus on the good stuff. Congrats on the move, Racquel!

• racquel
      Posted May 7, 2014 at 10:54 AM | Permalink

Hi, Van! Yes, that is so true. Everyday, I’m learning to have an attitude of gratitude :) Thanks!!! Hope to meet up with you soon? ;)

3. Posted May 3, 2014 at 9:33 AM | Permalink

Hi, Raquel!

I can so relate with you. I haven’t been able to blog for days (maybe weeks?) lately because I feel very tired after a day is done. Inspiration seem so elusive too.

Also, there’s a bit of change coming my/our way this month and I believe this year too. I know I just have to take things slowly and calmly; entrust everything to The Lord. :)

Thank you for sharing, Raquel. Trust you’ll do great with your new more domesticated kind of life. Blessings on you! :)

Joy

• racquel
      Posted May 7, 2014 at 11:00 AM | Permalink

Hi, Joy! Thanks for dropping by :) I do feel overwhelmed every single day where I feel that the things to do are just endless! Really! So, sitting down and thinking of what to write and how to write it well becomes another to-do for me. I’m so looking forward to the day when everything and everyone has settled down.

Hoping that the change you are expecting will do you good :) God bless!