We’ve been homeschooling for seven years and up to now, I still get asked about it. Why did we decide to homeschool? How about the kids’ socialization? Who are the friends of your girls? Who teaches them? Why are you still homeschooling? Etc, etc, etc. And still…what made you decide to homeschool your girls?
I remember when we started out, we were a handful enrolled in The Master’s Academy (TMA), our homeschool provider. A year or two later, the number had at least doubled! Today, I don’t have any idea how many homeschooling families we are now just in TMA alone. There are other homeschoolers enrolled online, with other local providers, and who are doing in independently.
One of the events that I look forward to are the homeschool conferences. They were my venues to meet, connect with, learn from the key speakers and from the other families as well, and source materials for our books and supplements. This coming November, Manila Workshops and The Learning Basket will be coming up with a Homeschool Conference “You Can Homeschool! Be Inspired, Be Informed, Be Empowered!”
This is a one-day event:
WHEN: November 16, 2013, Saturday
TIME: 9:00 a.m. (Registration starts at 9) to 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: One Cafe and Events Place, One Corporate Center, Julia Vargas cor. Meralco Ave., Pasig City
WHY: You are a new homeschooler, an old-time homeschooler, are considering to homeschool your children, or are simply curious about homeschooling, and would like to be inspired, informed, encouraged, and empowered
BY: Key speakers
- Thammie Sy (a homeschool mom of three),
- Frannie Daez (a homeschool mom of eight),
- Edric Mendoza (Director of Homeschooling Association of the Philippine Islands or HAPI),
- Homeschooled Children,
- and Group Facilitators who are homeschooling parents themselves
For reservations, you can find the link in here.
One of the sponsors of this event, Bee Happy Crafts and Party Supplies, would like to give away some of their fun stuff to my readers. What prizes can you win?
- A set of High School Musical stamps
- 1 roll of washi tape
- A 6×6 journal
- 10 tiny, cute clothespins
- 5 meters of baker’s twine
Plus, the Philippine Science Centrum is also automatically giving away two entrance tickets to the winner! Woohoo!!!
To join, all you have to do is:
- Like and follow Bee Crafts and Party Supplies on:
2. Like Manila Workshop Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/manilaworkshops).
3. Like The Learning Basket Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thelearningbasket).
4. Leave a comment below with your FULL NAME and ACTIVE EMAIL ADDRESS.
Just a way of spreadin’ a little love and support
This Rafflecopter giveaway runs from October 8 (12:00 a.m.) to October 22 (12:00 a.m.), 2013 only.
- This is open to Metro Manila residents only.
- Only one winner will be randomly selected.
- Winner will be announced on October 24, 2013.
- Prizes will be shipped to the winner by Manila Workshops after a validation of the winner’s entry.
Good luck and I encourage you to go to this Homeschool Conference next month especially organized for YOU who want to be more involved and hands-on not only in the education, but also in the character development of and in raising your children!